Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Prologue

I have lived 23 of my 34 years in the town of my birth, pausing briefly, ok, not so briefly, to live in the armpit of America while attending collge, well not attending, but enrolled in college (you can look forward to more of these run-on sentences in the future).  In less than a week I will leave Kansas City to join my wife in living in the place of her birth, Des Moines, Iowa.  Less than 200 miles, but I have a feeling it is a world away.  I embrace this journey knowing that it is the right decision, but not knowing what the future holds.

I know very little about Des Moines.  I have been with the love of my life for almost 3 1/2 years and yet have spent probably less then a month in the city and state of her birth.  All the things that I have taken for granted in Kansas City, will no longer be where they should be.  No reasuring memories of my youth, no snippits of time spent with my family.  Everything new, different...strange.

I relish these new things, but approach them with trepidation.  I don't know where I want to work, nor where I want to spend my time afterwards.  All I really know is that I will be with my wife and my dogs and my cat and that is all that I really need.

Why am I doing this?  What will keep me posting things here instead of just thinking about what I could do?  My hope is that this blog, these words, pictures and thoughts will aid me in my transition, perhaps even give me somewhere to find the direction I need in my profesional life to match what I have finally found in my personal one.

What can you, humble reader, expect to find here?  My hope is a server's view on all that Des Moines has to offer, the things I miss from my hometown, perhaps even an insight into what drives me to persue a career in the service industry with my education in the engineering field.

I hope that what appears is enjoyable to you, if not I appologize, I'm really not doing it for you, but for me, and my family, which is all I have that is worth doing anything for.  Thank you for your time and your interest.

The Server

No comments:

Post a Comment